There are several reasons for the sand including:
- Sand helps weigh down the carpet, which is part of how it is fastened.
- Sand helps support the yarn (blades of grass) to stand up, which makes it look more realistic.
- The sand infill keeps the grass clean by blocking leaves, debris and dog poo from getting stuck amongst the yarn.
- The sand protects the backing from UV exposure, and helps conduct the heat out of the grass and into the base.
- The grass is designed to have sand spread on it, which helps deepen the colour to make it look more real.
Infill should be applied with a sand spreader, to achieve even application.
|Product Name||SMARTFILL SAND (25kg bag)|
|Uses||Helps grass stand up. Brings out the colour; giving a natural appearance. Stops debris from settling into backing. Weights it down.|
|Coverage||0-12.5kg/sqm depending on turf|