Why is sand infill spread over SmartGrass?
Sand infill is often considered the most important part of the installation as it has so many functions, such as:
- Helping to weigh down the turf, which is part of how it is fastened.
- Helping to support the yarn (blades of grass) to stand up, which makes it look more realistic.
- Keeping the grass clean by blocking leaves, debris and dog poo from getting stuck amongst the yarn.
- Protecting the backing from UV exposure, and helping to conduct the heat out of the grass and into the base.
- Deepening the colour of the grass blades to make the lawn look more real.
Infill should be applied with a sand spreader, to achieve even application.
|Product Name||Smart-Fill Sand (25kg bag)|
|Uses||Helps grass stand up. Brings out the colour, giving a natural appearance. Stops debris from settling into backing. Weights it down.|
|Coverage||0-12.5kg/sqm depending on turf|