- SmartGrass is the largest NZ owned and operated artificial grass company – you are dealing with experts.
- Custom options – You will receive a custom designed solution for your school, specific to your wants and needs. This includes custom colours, line markings, games and your school logo stitched into the turf.
- Best service – We make it easy for you – a one stop shop from a free design, to quoting, installing and aftercare.
- Best looking and longest lasting products – bringing better value long term to your school.
- The Ministry of Education’s most recent review of a $500k+ SmartGrass project was >94% – the highest ever awarded to the industry.
Artificial grass for schools that is better than the real thing.
SmartGrass™ is a new type of artificial grass that is realistic, durable and eco-friendly.
Join the hundreds of New Zealand education providers who are upgrading outdoor spaces with weather-proof, durable artificial grass.
Available in two varieties
A popular maintenance buster for muddy solution for covering damaged asphalt, or a quick playground overhaul.
Popular Landscaping Products:
Suitable for all kinds of sports. Ask us about our Multisport court design service and get the most out of your space.
Popular Sports Turf Products:
Create beautiful, safe and easy-care spaces for children to play and learn outside
Hundreds of NZ education providers are throwing away their “Keep off the Grass” signs in favour of weather-proof, durable synthetic grass. SmartGrass has become so popular because it looks like the real thing, with none of the pitfalls of real grass.
Synthetic grass is a great choice for schools because it’s weather-proof, eco-friendly and durable enough for all kinds of sports.
SmartGrass provides a market leading 10 year full replacement warranty. Plus, SmartGrass is 100% New Zealand owned and operated. And board members love the sustainability of our artificial grass – unlike others, SmartGrass Education Series is 100% recyclable.
“Our school is extremely happy with the SmartGrass, and the team who completed it were fantastic.”
Hornby Primary School
200+ projects completed for schools, preschools and universities, including:
Key Benefits of SmartGrass for Schools & Preschools
No dirt, mud or bark brought inside. No ruined clothing.
It’s non-slip and installed with a soft-fall underlay which protects from slips and falls.
SmartGrass can be used all year round, rain or shine.
It lasts longer than alternatives like bark or real grass & requires less maintenance.
Beautify your school
SmartGrass enhances the appearance of outdoor areas, adding vibrancy and colour that kids love.
SmartGrass is Suitable for a Range of Applications:
Quick playground overhaul
Weather-proof play areas
Cover damaged asphalt/concrete
Convert existing grass areas that struggle to grow
Soften lunch and common areas
Tennis, netball and multisport courts
Hockey fields and cricket wickets
Indoor sports and gymnasiums
Hear what other principals are saying about SmartGrass:
Why choose SmartGrass over any other company?
Why are so many schools around NZ starting to use artificial grass?
Artificial grass has come a long way since the old “Astroturf”. Its now made to look and feel like real grass. SmartGrass is suitable in areas that struggle to grow grass and turn to mud in the winter.
No more policing ‘keep off the grass’ this winter! Plus, it looks better than the real thing.
Sports courts are also a great way of resurfacing old asphalt areas, creating a new, vibrant play-space for everyone.
Can you do sports courts?
SmartGrass also does sports courts. There are a variety of products for different sports such as tennis, cricket and hockey. Best of all it comes in customisable colours and logo options to suit your school. You can even have your school logo stitched into the turf.
Ask us about our multisport court design service and get the most out of your space.
What are the most common applications for artificial grass in schools?
- Playground overhaul – convert bark to SmartGrass with a soft fall underlay
- Cover damaged asphalt and concrete
- Convert existing grass areas that struggle to grow
- Soften lunch and common areas
- Tennis, netball and multisport courts
- Hockey fields and cricket wickets
- Indoor sports and gymnasiums
Where is SmartGrass based?
SmartGrass has offices and installation teams in Christchurch, Wellington & Auckland. We service schools nationwide, and have installations teams in most regions.